There are a ton of volunteer ski patrol opportunities at resorts across the nation. Most require you to have your own equipment and be certified in a few different things, but the experience can be extremely rewarding as you'll learn from the best guides on the mountain and spend days helping people while you ski. Perhaps the most rewarding and important ski-town volunteer opportunity, you'll be helping people when they need it the most.
Resorts with Volunteer Ski Patrols:
* Big Sky, Montana: Need to be licensed as EMT, in CPR and AED protocols.
* Eldora, Colorado: Required to be members of the NSP and must complete NSP’s Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) course before they may begin patrolling.
* Alpental at Summit at Snowqualmie, Washington: Several different patrolling positions are available.
* Boreal California: Your first year is considered a trial where you'll participate in a toboggan training.
* Camelback Pennsylvania: A few courses and toboggan training is required to volunteer.