Are you an avid backcountry skier who loves to travel? Do you share our passion for skiing, the latest gear, and essential backcountry skills? Want to share your passion with thousands of aspiring backcountry skiers all across the United States? Think you have what it takes to represent Skiing and the ski industry’s top brands on the road with Skiing’s Get Out More Winter tour?
Here’s your chance. Skiing, in conjunction with sister brand Backpacker, is in search of Brand Ambassadors to staff the Get Out More Winter tour. If you’re selected, you’ll travel as Tour Hosts across the United States representing Skiing and the Get Out More partner brands at 50–65 retail events and outdoor festivals.
We’ll provide the Tour vehicle, pay for the gas, cover your lodging expenses, and even give you a paycheck. Sound like your dream job? That’s because it is.
We want you (or you and a teammate) to apply for the Get Out More Tour if you (or both of you):
- Are able to travel the United States for the duration of the Tour (11/01/15 - 3/28/16) at our expense.
- Love backcountry skiing and the backcountry lifestyle (need to walk the walk as you talk the talk)
- Enjoy telling friends, family, and complete strangers about what you have experienced.
- Are a confident and competent public speaker.
- Think testing the latest gear, teaching essential skills, and entertaining audiences full of potential backcountry skiers sounds exciting.
- Are 18 years of age or older.
To apply, put your compelling pitch to us into video form (no longer than 3 minutes please – a YouTube link, or similar, is fine) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please send us a writing sample: Write a first person, blog-type entry (500 words or less) that describes your level of experience and why you think you would make a great Host for the Tour. Grammar, punctuation, and style count!
Have a traveling companion in mind? Bring them along for the ride! Solo applications and team applications are both welcome.
Application deadline is Sunday, March 1, 2015.