Instead, more and more army-influenced gear is coming to a store near you. Buy it if you must—but first ask yourself: Do i really want to look meaner than i am?
1. Giro Bad Lieutenant helmet For intimidating slacker lifties into sweeping the snow off your chair. $60, giro.com
2. Quiksilver Stifler sweater Named for the character in American Pie, but decidedly more Black Hawk Down. $65, quiksilver.com
3. Dragon Foil goggles The optical equivalent of fake vampire teeth. $85, dragonoptical.com
4. Oakley Elite Special Forces Assault Boots In case you end up at happy hour behind enemy lines. $225, oakley.com
5. Grenade Gloves Bullet Belt Nothing says "I'm feeling randy like fake shells around your hips. $28, grenadegloves.com
6 Burton AK 3L Vent Pants In case you get hired by Halliburton. $300, burton.com
7 Dakine Canteen The Army has pretty much switched to hydration systems—but so what? $15, dakine.com