February 20, 2007
WHISTLER, BC, (Whistler Blackcomb Press Release)—The Sapient-Showcase Showdown rider registration is closed with 100 riders from all over the world set to take on its unique "Pipestyle format this weekend.
Similar to last season's inaugural "Pipestyle, this year's set-up will feature hips with regular halfpipe walls with C Boxes imbedded into the sides intermittently. The bottom will showcase an array of rails and with $25,000 in cash prizes at stake, riders will be throwing down.
The event venue is alcohol-free so spectators are encouraged to save their partying for the village. The Longhorn will play host to the after party with musical guests "Fall of Summer. Priority entry with ticket will take place before 9pm.
Sapient is the headline sponsor, putting up $25,000 CDN cash. Bakoda, Anon, RED, Vans, Volcom, Dakine and Nixon top off the list of sponsors contributing $20,000 in prizing.
For more information on the Sapient-Showcase Showdown call 1-866-218-9690 or email email@example.com.
CASH PRIZE BREAKDOWN
1st Place $10,000
2nd Place $4,000
3rd Place $2,000
4th Place $1,000
5th Place $500
1st Place $5,000
2nd Place $2,000
3rd Place $1,000
The Sapient Showcase Showdown is in the Super Night Pipe at Base II. Spectators can upload via the Blackcomb Gondola for free.
Friday February 23
• Registration - Bib pick up is at 18Below 12:00 to 1:30pm at "18 Below at Base II on Blackcomb Mountain
• Open training - 2:00 to 3:30pm
• Qualifying - 4:00 to 8:30pm
Saturday February 24
• Qualifying names posted at Showcase Snowboards in village by 10am.
• Semi Qualifying - 4:00 to 7:00pm
• Finals warm-up - 7:15-7:25pm
• Finals - 7:30 to 8:30pm
• Awards ceremony immediately following competition with after party at the Longhorn.